Sunday, September 6, 2020

Well...seven years later...

Almost a month later.  Hmmm... not too bad for regular posts these days.  I am finally getting around to perking off that rum wine into something a bit more potent.  I did the first three  of twelve gallons and got two quarts of 150 proof rocket fuel.  I will have to dial this one back a fair amount more than the last batches but such is the price for experiments.

The currant wine is coming along beautifully.  I racked off the two gallons and have a little less now, but it sure looks pretty.  I got a smackeral of a bit and it tasted darn good for this early on.  I am filled with hope.

Robin decided a while back to do some cherries packed in brandy and that one is a very good mix.  Today, she went for a vodka/cherry mix and did not even save me a dram of vodka. 
Shame on her!  In her defense, I had purchased a bottle of vodka a few weeks back expressly of that purpose but it looked so lonely on the shelf...  Today, I bought her a re-fill and we promptly preserved the cherries.

No comments:

Post a Comment